||Volunteer Coordinator – High School Specials
||To be confirmed, however should include: Cambodia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Tanzania.
||We are recruiting Volunteer Coordinators for our High School Specials in several destinations. You will usually be employed on a 2 or 3 month contract starting in June 2016. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references, a criminal record check, and personal interview.|
||As a Volunteer Coordinator for our High School Specials you will support our overseas teams of staff headed by the Country Director. We recruit High School Special volunteers from June to August each summer.
- Working alongside our team of local staff, you will be responsible for making each new arrival feel welcome and secure in their new environment.
- You will complete inductions with the new volunteers, introducing them to their host family and work project, and explaining cultural differences and expectations of their project.
- You will help maintain effective communication between the destination office, the volunteers, and the UK office.
- You will support the High School Special volunteers throughout their time with Projects Abroad. This will include supervising them at their placement and during cultural activities.
- The job is busy; it will involve some out-of-office hours work and can be physically demanding. You should be prepared to be on call on any day during your time overseas.
Requirements; you should be:
- A graduate
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Physically fit
- Computer literate, (Microsoft Office, databases)
- Mature in attitude and outlook
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback
- Friendly and personable with customer service skills, you must respond well to others
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment
- Experience in volunteering
- Experience in living overseas.
- Additional languages, especially French, Spanish, German, or Japanese will be an advantage.
|Salary & benefits
||Projects Abroad pays a good local salary, international flights, comprehensive travel and health insurance, board and lodging, as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position: projectsabroad.orangehrmlive.com. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.